A market leader focused on bringing innovative and niche insurance solutions to market.
The objective of Specie Insurance is to provide cover for one of the most common and oldest risks – historically known as “piracy” – but in South Africa commonly referred to as hijacking or, more mundanely, as theft of cash and valuables whilst in transit or storage.
This is only a guide. The full terms and conditions are contained in the policy wording.
The Benefits to Policyholders
- Tailor-made wording for the industry
- Excess free or low excess
- This type of Insurance is usually difficult to obtain by smaller clients
- Risks covered under our policies are usually not covered by the general insurance market
- Price fluctuations minimal and cash claims do not influence non-cash related premiums, as it allows our policyholders to separate high valuables insurance from their normal commercial insurance policies
- Product suits high-risk exposures
- Expert knowledge of cash, valuables and fine art insurance industry
- The facility provides higher limits than traditional insurers
- Access to and support of international markets with intimate knowledge of mitigating risks associated with our products
- Excellent Reinsurance backing
- Cash/valuables lost whilst in the custody and care of an Approved Security Services Provider
- Cash / Valuables lost whilst in storage (Vault or safe)
- Cash /Valuables lost in transit – either by:
- Outside influence
- Accidental damage